A few weeks ago I found what I thought to be a duvet cover. As I was cutting this apart, I realized that it was actually a futon cover. Damn! I could have used this like it was. I guess that explains the giant zipper on this piece. Oh, well, I have better things in store for this fabric.
The great thing about all of this fabric is that I had enough to cut four pieces with matching stripes and still had lots left over.
Here is one of the chairs that I re-covered. I had done this years ago, covering gold fabric with the denim. I removed the denim and with one of the pieces, used as a “pattern” for the new fabric.
I began to unscrew the top of the chair from the frame. Then my boyfriend finished for me 🙂
Once I cut the fabric, all I had to do was to staple it to the seat.
Screw it back in and voila.
|Help from the Princess Sandy|